Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems to Develop Photo-detectors to Boost market Growth
Over the past decade, photo-detectors have gained significant popularity and are increasingly being used in an array of applications such as optical communication, imaging sensing, environmental monitoring, safety detection, space exploration, and a broad spectrum of industrial and research verticals. In recent years, pulsed laser deposition has emerged as an ideal fabrication technique and is gradually replacing conventional fabrication techniques. Among different benefits associated with pulsed laser deposition systems, the sophisticated and clean nature of the physical vapor deposition technique is a major factor that is projected to propel the demand for the same during the forecast period. In addition, pulsed laser deposition also cancels out the risk of undesired chemical reactions due to which, the pulsed laser deposition systems market is expected to grow. Another factor that is likely to influence the pulsed laser deposition systems market is the ability of this technique to produce centimetre-scale thin films with the desired planar geometry.
Pulsed Laser Deposition systems worldwide : Battery manufacturing / Medical Devices – Latest Market Trend
- A battery is a device that is employed to provide electric energy to an electronic device. Demand for batteries, including Li-ion batteries, is rising owing to their increasing number of applications such as e-bikes and medical equipment.
- In order to capitalize on the increasing demand for batteries, governments are trying to boost the battery manufacturing sector. For instance, in 2020, the Government of India announced a subsidy plan for battery manufacture. This would further help in driving the battery manufacturing industry in the country.
- Batteries utilize buffer layers, as they help in avoiding volume expansion between the current collector and the active material of battery. In addition to this, they also help in enhancing the safety of batteries. Buffer layers is one of the key applications of pulsed laser deposition systems. These systems help in application of a thin film onto the buffer layer.
- Government efforts to boost the battery manufacturing industry are expected to have a positive impact on the demand for pulsed laser deposition systems across the globe during the forecast period
- Pulsed laser deposition systems help in producing a thin film, which is useful across multiple applications ranging from compact sensors and solar cells to medical devices. It is especially vital for medical devices, as it provides a significant level of quality and safety.
- Furthermore, critical applications of medical devices is a key usage of pulsed laser deposition systems, as the thin film produced can provide coatings with anti-bacterial properties. In addition to this, with the growing trend of miniaturization of devices, the demand for compact sensors to be used in electronic circuits is increasing. Thin films produced by pulsed laser deposition systems are useful in sensors, as they can be fabricated in a very small size.
- Owing to the wide variety of applications, use of pulsed laser deposition systems is on the rise worldwide.