These chamber tests are conducted on plastic materials to measure flammability characteristics, giving a preliminary indication of their suitability for a particular application.
The apparatus is supplied as a complete system incorporating all the features necessary for ease of use and safety.
It also conforms to all five UL 94 horizontal and vertical burner tests and associated ASTM international standards. These are:
- Horizontal Burning Test; UL 94HB (ASTM D635, IEC 60695-11-10, IEC 60707, ISO 1210).
- Vertical Burning Test: UL 94 V-0, V-1, or V-2 (ASTM D3801, IEC 60695-11-10, IEC 60707, ISO 1210).
- 500 W (125mm) Vertical Burning Test: 5VA or 5VB (ASTM D5048, IEC 60695-11-20, IEC 60707, ISO 9772).
- Thin Material Vertical Burning Test: VTM-0, VTM-1, or VTM-2 (ASTM D4804, ISO 9773).
- Horizontal Burning Foamed Material Test: HF-1, HF-2 or HBF (ASTM D4986, ISO 9772).
- Burners (ASTM D5025, ASTM D5207, ISO 10093, ISO 103351)
- A bench mounted draft free combustion chamber with a large inside volume of 1.0m³ and fitted with an interior light and exhaust fan to enable simple evacuation of combustion products.
- Large door and window made from toughened safety glass giving a generous view of the specimen during a test. A specimen light is also fitted.
- Specimen holders.
- Fully adjustable horizontal and vertical specimen supports.
- A burner in compliance with ASTM D5025, with simple angle adjustment (0°, 20°, 45°) and precision gas control system including gas flow meter, pressure regulator and pressure gauge (Two access ports enabling easy entry to the chamber for movement of the burner and specimen).
- A burner wing tip.
- Three digital test duration timers for accurate but simplified operation with remote handset.
Burner calibration kit, conforming to ASTM D5207.